Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Veteran's Day

Here's what we did on Veteran's Day.



Louisa loves horses so we found a stable just down the raod from us nestled between a lake park, ASU Campus, the freeway and not to much farther, the airport. Crazy, huh? And for just $10 they gave us a horse for a good 30 minutes. It was super fun. Later on after naps, we had a sitter lined up so we got in some early Christmas shopping and dinner. I must say, Veteran's Day on November 11th is one of my favorite holidays. This might sound strange since there are not any major celebrations besides a parade or two to commemorate this day. However, starting from when we were dating, Rhett and I have always been delighted to realize we are going to have a weekday off of work that we'd practically forgotten about which leads us to want to take full advantage of the free time. This year was no exception and I ended the day thinking about how grateful I am to the men and women that gave (and give) so much so that we (and people all over actually) can live a life according to our own desires. Thank you Veterans everywhere.


2 comments:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

My dad has horses and loves to go out and ride with people - if you and Rhett ever want to go I'll call my dad and see what I can do. Cordell has horses too.