Thursday, December 10, 2009

The debut post of....

Clara Macey arrived about 6 weeks ago...she was 8 lbs. 5 oz. and a whopping 21 3/4 inches long. She is still a long baby and she stretches constantly. She has been a very easy-going newborn and has settled right into life with our family. Her siblings adore her...especially her big sister. Her brother is very adoring also but actually allows her to have some breathing room. 3 kids 3 and under is a busy, exciting time for us packed with fun and love. The labor and delivery went well. Due to the possibility of some risk from an antibody issue, I was induced two days after my due date. We started contractions around noon and she was born at 5:30 p.m. after two pushes...literally less than 5 minutes of pushing. I took note of the clock when we started the first push because everyone always asks, "how long did you have to push?" I was stunned when after the first push the Dr. was saying he was wrong about it taking several pushes and the nurse is telling me to keep my eyes open on the next push. I hardly believed them but then there she was up in the air with her little fist clutching the umbilical chord. They laid her on me and I was just laughing with pure joy and a little shock and it occured to me to find out that she was a girl but it took a few minutes. I think Rhett and the Dr. and nurses knew before me but I had no idea, I was just too elated that she was there and that it had all gone so smoothly. (I was really uneasy about being induced since it was a new thing for me). Well, enough chit-chat, let's get to the pictures...

9 comments:

Steph said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

MyR said...

CONGRATS!!!

Leah said...

my gosh Em! She is perfect! What sweet cheeks...congrats!

Mike and Kelli said...

She is just gorgeous!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats on a baby girl! Sounds like a great delivery love to hear those stories. So happy for you and your family.

Cagney and Laci said...

Congrats. So glad the delivery went well. She is adorable. Hope you and your family do well.

Stephanie said...

She is so so sweet! That is seriously the most awesome delivery story I have ever heard. 5 minutes are you kidding?! Congratulations and best of luck with you wonderful family :) :)

Weekes Family said...

Congrats!! Way to Go Emily!

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

Super cute!