
Louisa is 1! She had her first birthday on Saturday and to celebrate we had a party at the park with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and a few friends. It was a lot of fun. The fun started on Friday with the bunch of balloons we got for the party. Louisa just loved to pull on the strings and see them bounce and hear them rustle and bang together. For mom and dad, the fun continued as they worked late into the night on Friday to make a special cake for their special little one. We were really excited to try and make her a little teapot cake - short and stout just like in the song. We mangeded to make it work thanks to the wonders of fondant. Louisa also had a little round, pink cake that was all her own to do whatever she wanted with since the fondant covered teapot wasn't very easy to dig into.

As you can see, she loved the frosting the best. Her fan club was super-generous and gave her all kinds of fun toys and cute clothes. Her cousins just loved unwrapping, I mean helping unwrap, her gifts. She is a lucky girls to have so many great relatives! Her mom and dad feel pretty luck to have such great, supportive extended families as well. It does make for good times. Overall we had a great time and can't believe our little girl is one year old already! This last month she learned to pull to standing and just loves that. She is starting to explore cruising too.

She also started feeding herself with a spoon and fork. She has become quite adept with it and is very cute - except when she decides to drop her bowl or plate on the floor. That is just messy! The month of February has been very busy at our house and March started off with a bang but we are hoping to slow down a little now and enjoy the arrival of Spring.
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe you made that cake! WOAH! I thought it was one of the presents until I read that it was a cake. You guys did awesome!
Just wait until she gets the attitude and drops the messy bowl onto the floor...ON PURPOSE! It'll come! :)
She's cute!
Kids sure grow up fast, don't they!? She's so cute and looks like she had a great time at her party.
Ward & I were also awed and amazed by your cake making abilities!!!
Great cake!!! You did a wonderful job!
Beautiful cake!!
I know I'm a bit late, but that cake is SOO COOL!
Post a Comment