Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Another post about...Me

Occassionally I post about me instead of the kiddos....today is one of those occassions. Thanks Keilah for flattering me with this "Tag"
A-Attached or single: Totally attached...(but kinda feeling single thanks to the demands of dissertation writing)
B-Best Friend: today Rhett, next weekend...Dr. Rhett L. Martineau (man that sounds good!)
C-Cake or Pie: cake - I especially love chocolate cake and carrot cake
D-Day of choice: Sunday! I relish my Sundays these days...it's almost the only time we get to spend all together
E-Essential Item: toss up between cell phone and diaper bag
F-Favorite Color: I have been on an aqua kick
G-Gummy Worms or Bears: Bears
H-Hometown: Show Low, AZ
I-Indulgences: Soda Pop - as a health conscious female who loves to run I generally have avoided soda - but over the last couple of years it has become a total indulgence
J-January or July: tough to say - January for my birthday or July for Rhett's??? I love celebrating his birthday because I get to see how outrageous of a dessert I can come up with
K-Kids: Right now....Louisa, 2 years old and Landen, 4 months old and who knows how many more
L-Life is incomplete without: my sweetie and my babies!
M-Marriage Date:March 12, 2004
N-Number of siblings: 5 originals, 13 acquired from marital ties
O-Oranges or Apples: I'm lazy, I go for the crisp apple over an orange I have to peel.
P-Phobias or Fears: I admit, motherhood has made me quite paranoid. I find myself with sooo many random ones these days....like being afraid Louisa was going to cut her circulation off with the twisty tie balloons she found or "successfully" feed Landen a grape when I'm not watching
Q-Quotes: "The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." Jack London
R-Reason to Smile: my online garage sale finds of the week - a brand new washer and dryer for just 200 bucks and a pretty nice kitchen table and 4 chairs for $45 - gotta love craigslist!
S-Season: Spring! Love it...the colors, the clothes, the Easter holiday, the heavenly weather
T-Tag Three: Jennifer, Sarah, Becky
V-Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals: Hmmm....since one of my proudest moments was successfully preparing a full-size prime rib for Christmas Eve dinner for Rhett's family one year I better say oppressor of animals.
W-Worst Habit-Blogging when I should be sleeping!
X-ray or Ultrasound: Ultrasound! I think it's very surreal and amazing that they can do what they can to observe life in the womb.
Y-Your favorite food: How can I pick just one? I think I might have to go with soft pretzels.
Z-Zimbabwee or New Zealand-New Zealand.

6 comments:

jenn said...

Fun to read about you! Although the stories about the kids are always fun, it is fun to learn new things about my old friend =)

keilah said...

First off, I have to say Thank you for putting such a sweet comment on my blog. I got a little teary! DIDDO, DIDDO, DIDDO!! I am so thankful for you too. I really don't know how I would've made it through some really rough times without you. It is so nice to be "Forever Friends" as we used to write in all of our letters when we were in high school.
Thanks for doing the tag.:) I love reading about you. I am glad that Rhett will be a Dr. soon and that he is all done with his paper-I can't spell the D word that you said-but you know what I mean.
I am so impressed with craigslist too. I have yet to get on it-I know you have been telling me about it forever but I guess I had better check it out:)
Thanks again for the sweet words. I love ya!!

Shelly said...

What a fun little info sheet about you. I am SO SO glad you that found my blog. Dave and I have often wondered what you guys were up to. Your kiddos are so cute. I can't believe how big Louisa is. Don't you just love blogging?? It really is the best way to stay in touch.

quadmom said...

Hey Emily,
It's fun to learn about your family!

Becky said...

Emily, Sorry it took me so long but I finally did the tag on my blog, check it out. I wanted to post a picture of us at Ricks but I don't have a scanner. Someday though...watch for it.

The Wynn Family said...

Very fun. It is fun to learn more about people. I have to agree with you on Craigslist. It has been one of my favorite bargain finding site. Brad too, unfortunately for our over crowded apartment!