As mentioned, we realized we were going to need to move ASAP for our renters, giving us about a week from when they signed their lease. The catch, I was committed to spend Tuesday through Friday of that week in Show Low to babysit my nephews....which was going to leave me 2 days to pack! But we did it....we had a great trip up to the COLD mountains and got to spend lots of time with my grandparents while the boys were in school. Here are a few picture of Landen's introduction to his Great-grandparents.
Grandma-great trying to get some smiles out of Landen....and does she succeed?
Oh yes, big smiles and lots of giggles by the time we left a few days later...

Grandpa-great wasn't quite getting the smiles Grandma was....

But he ended up getting all the cuddles!
We had a great trip and ended up getting home late Thursday night instead of Friday evening. Which was great because we moved Saturday morning...our families were great help. Gaylann brought his "honey-truck" from the plant. It was a big hit with the kids who all wanted to ride the hydraulic lift ramp. My nephew Ammon was more than happy to accomodate all the riders and was eagerly soliciting any passengers he could so that he could work the lever non-stop.

All packed up...except for the essentials, car seat for Landen and laptop for Louisa to watch cartoons on while I cleaned...

But of course she would rather help clean than watch TV....if only that could last through adolescence!

We did get everything done in time for the carpet cleaners to come. Well almost, Rhett decided to go back that evening to fix some trim in the bathroom and do some touch-up painting. He got carried away with the trim project and ended up staying all night! Our neighbors said the new couple started moving stuff in first thing Sunday morning so my guess is they showed up just an hour or two after Rhett left! So we just barely got everything done in time!
A few days later we celebrated Louisa's birthday! She is a big 2 year-old! Since we were still getting everything out of boxes we decided to take her to the Chuckee-Cheese kid palace. It was actually a lot of fun for all of us. And Louisa really loved it - she was dancing away while she ate her pizza. It turned out our camera had a low battery but I did manage to capture some of it. Here is my first attempt at posting a video on our blog...
What a doll! I must say, both dancers are pretty cute! A few days later we had a nice joint family party but those pictures are still on the camera except for one or two, one of which I decided I must use to finish this post because it was just too cute. Yeah for cousins! We are excited to be living closer to most of them!

4 comments:
Super Woman... babysitting and moving all in a few days. Holy Cow!!! Landen is such a cutie.. I love his smiles! Happy Birthday Louisa! Two is such a great age. So where are you guys at now?
I am glad that everything worked out A-Ok!! Happy Birthday Louisa!! We will be down the next couple of days, so hopefully we can get together and give little Louisa a birthday present:) Can't wait to see your new little place (or as I have heard BIG place)!!
Sounds like life has been super busy. I can't believe Louisa is two. Fun pictures!
Ahh! Louisa is so incredibly adorable. So is Landen of course! Louisa's eyes...man, she's a beauty, just like her momma
Post a Comment