Monday, July 07, 2008

Long live Summer!

Despite the 100+ degree heat, it is always good to enjoy the pleasures unique to this season....For as long as I can remember summer, it has meant trips to Disneyland, swimming, popsicles, fishing, camping, long days, and enjoying warm summer nights. We love the monsoon season that is just starting...the day will be full of blue sky and puffy white clouds. By evening things have gone from puffy white to gray and low, the breezes will kick in and the lightening starts to flash. All of this mother nature drama is eclipsed with pouring rain. Afterward it us common for it to be quite light/bright out - even if it is 1:30 a.m. Here we are enjoying the summer in all its glory...

We had pool party/BBQ at our old neighborhood pool with friends who still live there. I think Landen looks pretty awesome in his sunglasses. He is getting so BIG - 18 lbs 12 oz. at his 6 month appt. and this morning I could feel two teeth getting really close to making their debut.
By the end of the pool party Louisa was ready to just sleep right there.
Louisa enjoying the Carousel at Disneyland. She'd ride it all day.
Dad and kiddos taking a break at Disneyland. Louisa giving Landen one of the dozen kisses a day she feels she must lavish on her bro.
Swimming in our backyard...Thinking back, I can't explain what possessed me to jump off the diving board with Louisa. I truly thought that doughtnut would keep her from going under even though I was holding onto it. Everything was fine...she loved it. Came up sputtering and happy but I was still freaked out after I did it. But her face in this photo is just priceless!

5 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Isn't the pool a must! We live in it, it is the only way to survive the desert summers! It looks like you guys had a great time at Disneyland, so fun.

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

It looks like you guys are having a fun summer! Cute pictures.

Ward & Brianne said...

What an awesome picture of you & Louisa jumping in the water! Glad to see that you're having a great summer!

RJ said...

Hey Emily! It's Rachel, long time no see/talk :)! How the heck are you? Well, now that I've rediscovered your blog I know how you are and it is so fun to see you so happy with adorable kiddos and sweet husband. My baby just had her first bday(I posted way too many photos of her in celebration - oh the joys of doting motherhood!) and guess what she weighs less than your 6 monther! :) So fun! When we get back to AZ (did you know we're in NYC?) we'll have to get together, but you can't let your husband talk about how great getting a PHD was, my hubby wants one and I DON'T!!!! :). Love ya, Rachel

keilah said...

Hey-glad to get the update on everything. Congrats to Rhett on his graduation. I am so proud of you guys persuing your education. I am a little behind you guys but I will get a degree some day:)

Bummer that we missed you guys this weekend. I am glad that you guys got to see your grandma. I am sure she enjoyed your company:)

We have FOUR tickets for Sept 13-it's a Saturday for the Diamondbacks. We would LOVE it if you guys joined us:) It's been a while and we need to get together:)