We also took a break from the heat and went up to Show Low for Emily's 10-year High School Reunion. Yikes....one of those things where you just don't know what to expect but you think, "heck, why not?" and your curiousity just gets the better of you. And knowing that a few of Em's good friends were going to be there, off we went for a chance to catch
up and reminisce. I must say (switching to frist person here, this is Emily writing) I was quite surprised at how much fun the whole thing was! I knew it would be nice to get to spend time with friends that I've kept in touch with but I was wary of the reunion setting. But really, we had a great time and were really glad we decided to go. And I just can't help it, I have to post a picture. Those of you who are in it might not appreciate this, but I'm betting that those of you who didn't make it will appreciate it enough to make up for it!
In addition to attending the reunion, we got to spend time with Emily's grandparents, Louisa's
great-grandparents. And boy did we have fun. We went fishing with Grandpa Great and Em skunked everyone catching the only 3 fish of the trip. Unfortunately our camera battery was dead and I don't have any pictures of those fish to show off. The best part was Louisa in a life vest on the boat with us. Well, we thought it was great, Louisa certainly did not! She loved Grandma and Grandpa's yard and wanted to play outside rain or shine. Here she is with her Dad on the porch swing taking in some of the cool mountain air. Aren't they cute!
Oh, and before I forget, the update on our new arrival expected this December....It's a Boy! We are very excited and are pretty sure Louisa is too. A new baby cousin was just born and Louisa sure thinks she is neat...she wants to hold her and kiss her when we visit so that bodes well.

3 comments:
Kids & watermelon - a great combo! I'm glad you posted the reunion picture. I REALLY wanted to go but it just didn't work out. Looks like there was even a seat at the table for Ward & I :) Glad you had fun!
Yeah, the reunion...I couldn't go to the party that night but the bbq was interesting. It was more amusing to me than anything but fun to see familiar faces again. It was good to see you!
I'm glad you said something about your reunion. We've been trying to decide whether to go to mine or not. Anyways, CONGRATS on the new little boy coming soon! I'm sure he'll be adorable too!
Post a Comment